Judy Funnie is a hipster…
“His FAVORITE profiler.”
aww henry dressed as spencer for halloween was so cute on criminal minds i totally forgot that the episode was about a woman shredding people to use them as human fertilizer!!!
SPINACH PESTO GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES
For the Sandwiches:
- 4 Slices of Sandwich Bread, (Wholegrain, white or any other you like)
- 2 thinly sliced fresh (room temperature) Mozzarella Cheese,(you can use any other cheese you like)
- 2-4 tbsp Spinach Pesto, or as needed
- Butter, melted, as needed
For Spinach Pesto:
- 1 Cup tightly packed (abt 2.5oz/70 grams) baby Spinach
- ½ Cup (abt 2 oz/60 grams) sliced Almonds
- ¾ Cup tightly packed (abt 2oz/60 grams) fresh Basil
- ½ Cup (abt 2 oz/60grams) grated Vegetarian Parmesan
- ¼-½ Cup Olive oil*
- Pinch of Salt (Optional)
*Tip Olive oil: For a good restaurant style pesto, you would need additional 1/4 cup (total 1/2 cup) olive oil. I tend to cut corners where it least affects me hence tend to use half the amount. For this recipe, the thick consistency works but if making it for a pasta, I would replace that 1/4 cup with (cooked) pasta water to get a smoother consistency.
- Clean the spinach (and basil) of any debris. I have tried to provide the precise amount of spinach and basil I have used, since “tightly-packed” could come out weighing differently
- Toast the almonds until slightly reddish.
- Add all the ingredients together (except the oil) for the spinach pesto in a processor.
Process into smooth paste while drizzling olive oil. Read the tip for the amount of olive oil. Set aside. You will not need all the pesto for this recipe but it has a decent shelf life.
Note: I think it would keep well in a fridge for about 3 weeks. Store it in an air tight container and drizzle some olive oil on top of the pesto to prevent discoloration. In that case you can also use the full 1/2 cup olive oil (instead of just 1/4 cup - refer tip 2). I think it would keep even longer if frozen. Personally I have never stored it for more than 10 days by which times I use it all up.
- I used homemade American White Sandwich Bread for this recipe that I had leftover. But a store bought White bread (or a wholegrain bread) will also work. I sliced of my leftover into 4 slices.
- The fresh mozzarella slices next. A thin slice is sufficient although who am I to say how much is really sufficient when it comes to cheese ;). I used 2 slices, one of each sandwich.
- Spread some of the pesto on one side of the bread. Do the same for the other bread, now add a cheese slice on top of one of the bread, place the other bread , pesto side down, on top of the cheese to sandwich the filling.
- Place this on a greased grill pan. The amount of butter will depend on the skillet. If using regular non stick pan, just a little is sufficient. I am using a cast iron grill pan and used a tad bit more.
- Weigh it down with some heavy bottle/container. I used my pie weights for the same purpose. And that’s a wax paper on top of my bread. Grill this for about 3-4 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Turn the other side. This slow heating will kickstart the cheese melting process :) repeat on the other side.
Recipe By Chefinyou
wow I’ve never seen anything more accurate
I used to play this game ALL the time